Saturday, October 20, 2007

Parafield Gardens Primary School








This morning I tried to find out the use of public transport to my future house at Parafield Gardens. The reason of doing so is to assess whether it is necessary to get a second car. Car is not expensive in Australia but if taking into account the petrol and maintenance it could be a hugh sum to have an additional car.

I started by taking a train at the Railway Station. The train took about 20 minutes to reach the Parafield Railway Station which is 20 minutes away from the city. I have to walk for approximately 15 minutes to reach the house.

I then tried the route to Parafield Primary School where my children will be studying. The trip is less than 15 minutes by walking. But walikng under the sun of a hot summer day for 15 minutes or 30 minutes round trip could be very exhausting. In addition, winter will be rainy and windy. I think initially I will ask my wife to drop me at the railway station so that I could go to work by train and then a connecting bus. She can then drive the children to school and doing some shopping or other business using the car.

No comments: