Monday, December 24, 2007

Pick your own cherries

I went to the cherry orchard together with Bridger and Jeff's family during Christmas Eve. We planned to pick cockles but due to the cool change, we decided not to. The temperature is around 13 degree Celcius for the day. A very pleasant day indeed.

The Owner briefed us on the rules of his Orchard. We are allowed to eat cherry while picking it but try to limit it as it is his income. He also mentioned the correct way of picking cherry so that it will not harm the tree and the production at subsequent year. The cherry cost $6 per KG. Very cheap.

Bridger demonstrate the correct way of picking cherry.

The juicy cherry hanging on the tree.

The picked cherry. All together slightly more than 2KG.

The author and the owner Allan.

3 comments:

Heroes said...

william, the cherry is really look like grapes. If you didn't mentioned, I will misjudge as seen from the photos.

By the way, william, is that you in the photo with the owner??? Wow, you are expanding sideway too as compare with few years ago i met you in Kuching. At that time, you are very fit. Correct me if i am wrong. :-)

William said...

Well, I believe age take the toll. How do you keep your shape. I have to do more exercose now.

Heroes said...

How do I keep my shape? I changed in shape too last few years and is expanding sideway or front way....hehehe... especially my tummy...last time was in 6 pieces but now in one big round piece... :-(

I still play badminton twice a week and still the same as after playing, makan supper...how to keep my shape??