Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mount Lofty Botanic Garden

The kids are having the holiday break for two weeks. I am not taking any leave as I expected I will be busy during this period.

It is in the middle of winter and I heard that snow might fall at Mount Lofty on Monday. I was thinking while don't I plan a trip to Mount Lofty to enjoy the cold during the weekend. My wife agreed and she contacted our old friend Bridger' wife who was also agreed with the idea.

Why Mount Lofty? I drove pass the botanic garden during my last trip to Handorf but didn't have a chance to pay a visit. I saw a castle and think that it might be interesting to visit.

We met at Frewville Foodland at 11am and headed off South of Glen Osmond Road. After 20 minutes drive on the free way we reached the lower car park. We walked from the lower car park to the upper carpark. It is pretty tiring as we have to do some hiking and mountain climbing. When we reached the upper car park, we did not proceed to look for the castle as we still have to make our way back to the lower carpark. We will leave it to the next visit as different season has different view.

All together we spent around two hours there. We have our lunch before leaving the garden. We headed off to Handorf in order to visit a farm. After learn that we have to pay $30 per family to see the goat, sheep, cattle and horse, we did not enter. Instead we had a walk down the main street. The scenery now is different from Autumn as the Maple trees have lost their leaves.

We concluded today trip by having dinner at China Town. Wife do some shopping at the Chinese run supermarket. We have to go back earlier tonight as there is a kids movie at 7:30am. Enjoy the photo below:











2 comments:

Heroes said...

It's always a relaxing and excited feeling when you go for outing. But in Kuching, I hardly go outing and just stay at home watching astro or dvds.

From the photos, I must say that the scenery would much nicer if go in Autumn, right? Why not go to the castle as you had missed it during your previous trip and now again? Hahaha.....anyway, it's always has 'next time'....

William said...

Hi Kok Sey,

There is no much to do here except for the great outdoor. The cool and not so humid weather is suitable for outdoor activities.

I have planned for this weekend activity. It will be a visit to a waterfall where we will go for mountain climbing and barbeque.

I will post the photos in my blog.